Stacking Barbarian Warcries
Not in parallel? That seems to make sense, but also makes me scratch my head. :)

From Tommi's 1.09d table: (Quick summary)
Quote:Damage Reduced By X% =  (physical resistance)  Player Cap = 75%
Final Damage = ((Damage - DR) * (1 - Resistance / 100) * (1 - 2 * Absorb% / 100) - 2 * Absorb - ArmorSkill) * XvX * (1 - ES / 100)

2.3 Resistance Calculations
Resistances are reduced by certain skills as well as the difficulty penalty.

a. Sum up resistances from all sources
b. Apply all reduction effects, except Cold Mastery --> subtract their effects from the result
c. Apply cold mastery --> multiply the result by 1 - Cold Mastery % / 100 and round down (only with cold resistance) (NA)
d. Apply difficulty penalty --> subract the penalty from the result (Is Phys Res penalty = 0 in all diffs?  I think so.)
e. Apply lower and upper limits  (Cap applied here?)

Total Cold Resistance = [(Sum of Cold Resistances - Sum of Cold Resistance Reduction Effects) * (1 - Cold Mastery % / 100)] - Difficulty Penalty
I assume that this applies to Physical as well:
Total Physical Resistance = [(Sum of Physical Resistances - Sum of Physical Resistance Reduction Effects)

I want to be sure I understand the terms in the equation properly. Zero absorb, XvX = 1, and no ES.

Damage Final = ("Damage - DR)*(1-resistance/100)

Taunt / BC, or Necro curse, damage reduction is a skill based reduction, similar possibly to Salvation or Resist Lightning. Per the cold res example, would it not be summed in the resistance phase of the calculation, and then "all sources of resistance" = resistance final? Even if items are clipped at 50%, the resistance itself, per pbrain's test and post, appears to be capped at 90%. Or, are Taunt and BC applied separately and ahead of time in creating the entering "Damage term" before the DR is applied. That is what seems to be happening.

pbrain's test suggests that the order may be a bit different for physical than for elemental damage. From his results, it appears that for the moment, in the patch, the

DR Order
1. DR and MDR
2. Resistances
3. Absorb%, also add life
4. Absorb, also add life
5. BA and CA
6. XvX (modifies also life gain)
7. ES (modifies also life gain)

May have terms 1 and 2 reversed.

As I understand it, what pbrain saw was that Base Damage was modified by the Taunt/Decrepify/battleCry aura, and then straight line DR was applied via simple subtraction.

DamageNew = Original Damage*(1-SkillReduction/100)+(SkillBoostFromMightorFanatAura/100)

And then DamageNew is inserted as Damage in the equation.

While I suspected that resistance is summed and capped at 90% (maybe 75%) as of the moment, while "item" phys res is capped at 50% per some other observations, it seems more logical that your observation is correct: the Skill based damage reduction comes into play before we even enter the equation and pre modifies monster damage before -DR.

That leaves me mulling over summing resists, as a skill effect may be done in series with the item resist, since Amp Damage does not seem to drop the Battle Cry and Taunt damage reduction. If the skill based damage reduced comes into play before Amp Damage is applied, then what folks observe fits pretty well. It also makes sense to me that skill base of taunt is applies to the monster attacker thuswise:

DamageNew = damageBase(1+DamageReducedBySKill/100+DamageIncreasedBySkill/100)
per the previous detailed discussion on Taunt et al, and is used as "Damage" in the equation in the (Damage-DR) term.

Grrr: If Amp damage resistance reduction is applied with phys res, is Shaftstop's resistance overcome by Amp Damage?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Stacking Barbarian Warcries - by Occhidiangela - 07-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Stacking Barbarian Warcries - by Kevin - 07-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Stacking Barbarian Warcries - by Arutha - 07-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Stacking Barbarian Warcries - by Occhidiangela - 07-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Stacking Barbarian Warcries - by Brista - 07-22-2003, 05:16 AM
Stacking Barbarian Warcries - by Occhidiangela - 07-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Stacking Barbarian Warcries - by pbrain - 07-22-2003, 07:11 PM