Help review my PC workstation build list, please and thanks.
(04-10-2013, 11:14 PM)Drasca Wrote: So Hammerskjold, is this thing built yet? If so, how's she running?

It should hopefully be ready for pickup by the end of this week. When I first ordered everything the rep did say there was a potential supply problem with my PSU choice, and if they don't receive a new shipment in time they do have alternatives etc.

Received a call on monday that everything else is assembled and tested, unfortunately that model of PSU is still a no show from the supplier.
So after going back and forth I decided to go for a slight upgrade from 660w to 760w. Same brand and rating otherwise. Price matched and discounted so it wound up being the cheapest price available for me.

I'm not faulting the store, since they did give me a fair heads up, but I wanted that Seasonic 660w platinum. Reading through some music\sound engineers forum, they rate that PSU very highly for reliability and noise level. Even though I don't 'need' a quiet\low noise machine as highly as those folks do, I do favour quieter machines all things being equal.

I haven't found as much review for the 760w version, but the ones I did have similar praise so far. Apparently that 660w Platinum must be popular or their stocks are drying up here, because checking other stores in my area comes up as 'please call store for details, stocks are limited on this unit' etc.

Quote:I just ordered a new rig for myself on Newegg, but I will be doing the assembling.

Do spill the beans on the specs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help review my PC workstation build list, please and thanks. - by Hammerskjold - 04-11-2013, 01:05 AM