A little tech rant. (Warning opinionated opinion is opinionated)
Windows 7 is amazing! It's only drawback is how it auto-sorts pictures in some totally random fashion which is bull****, but hey, I guess everything can't be perfect. On the other hand, Windows 8 is utter crap. Why bother getting Windows 8 at all is my question. The ribbon "feature" takes twice as long to scroll through and get what you need, and totally defeats the purpose of having a desktop at all! TBH, it seems everything MS does recently is backwards; take for example MS Office: the new ribbon "feature" takes 2-3 times longer to scroll through to pick what you want then just clicking on the fucking icon on the old interface. I'm sorry, but whoever actually likes ribbons must either be an avid mac user or handicapped in some way, but its quite literally counter productive in every imaginable way. And Metro is just the next retarded step. I'm highly considering switching over to google products if MS keeps pumping out crap in terms of what I'll use in the future for office products, however I'm not sure what to do with Windows.... Perhaps I can give Linux a shot?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: A little tech rant. (Warning opinionated opinion is opinionated) - by Taem - 03-13-2013, 01:45 AM