Just when I was thinking of selling my T-34
(01-15-2013, 09:27 PM)Jester Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 05:36 PM)Taem Wrote: For a single individual, of course your example holds, but when you're talking about guerilla warfare where the citizens of the US fight a huge militia from the shadows, nobody wins! We haven't even come close to squashing the Taliban yet, despite blasting their leaders with drones daily, and Viet Nam? How about most of the wars during the Arab Spring?
The US loses guerilla wars when it gets tired of fighting them. It is unlikely that they're going to get tired of fighting on their own soil. As they said about the game of thrones - win or die.

-Jester
I'm pretty tired of our southern border war, and I don't live there. For now, it appears Sinaloa has won, and Juarez has lost. In the black market of drugs and guns, we get the drugs and they get the guns. "Peña has declared Calderón's aggressive campaign against cartels and drug trafficking to be a failure. He is likely to look for another solution, one that might resemble the "pax mafiosi" - the mafia's peace as it's known in Italy - or the "understanding" PRI had with drug lords when it was in power before, Payan said."

Or, in other words, if you can't beat them, join them.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just when I was thinking of selling my T-34 - by kandrathe - 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM