Egypt: who didn't see this coming?
(12-17-2012, 04:16 AM)Taem Wrote: The vote was so close too. I guess nothing will change over there after all. So all these civil wars are for nothing. So sad. I guess they like their Islamic law over there.

Excuse my bluntness, but no. If 'they' like their islamic law so much, the first arab spring would never even happen.

The fact that it did, means at least to me that not every 'Ay-rab' bought and believed the 'rawr rawr, Murka Satan Western Ideology is to blame for every single problem' line.

Again excuse my bluntness, but the West did not perfect 'Democracy' overnight either. 'Amurca' did not perfect it either when George Washington single handedly punched Megatron in his freedom hating robot face, and last I looked it never claimed to be perfect. It is still an ongoing process.

So let's not write off the other folks who didn't quite hit a grandslam right out of the park, on the first try, according to 'our' own rules.

Otherwise it would look like the West is really a big(ger) hypocrite. "C'mon guys, why not try more democracy with checks and balances bla bla bla...oh my, you actually did...uhm...it looks kinda messy though. Maybe you're too in love with your Sharona I mean Sharia laws.

But hey give us a call when you reach our level of perfection at half the time it took us. Hmmm, on second thought, make it a quarter of that time. While performing a cartwheel too."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Egypt: who didn't see this coming? - by Taem - 12-17-2012, 04:16 AM
RE: Egypt: who didn't see this coming? - by Hammerskjold - 12-18-2012, 12:29 AM
RE: Egypt: who didn't see this coming? - by Taem - 12-18-2012, 05:00 AM
RE: Egypt: who didn't see this coming? - by shoju - 12-17-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: Egypt: who didn't see this coming? - by Tris - 12-25-2012, 08:09 AM