Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy.
(11-15-2012, 01:08 PM)eppie Wrote: My point to kandrathe was that if you try and use science in an argument against abortion (which still seems strange coming from the religious science hating anti-abortion crowd) you need to keep your whole reasoning so objective and scientific.
Ah. Well, you are wrong. My supposition is entirely from the responsibility of human rights, justice and the law in a secular society. The sticky points are where we allow by law, some harm to occur (e.g. eminent domain). In this case, feticide, and what is justifiable.

Quote:So when you start about heartbeats and neural functions, the same would for sure apply for animals.....so don't then make a subjective choice of regarding humans above animals.
To preserve some semblance of natural harmony we need to understand human, or bear for that matter within the natural order. Would you permit a wolf to kill? It is in the natural order. Humans kill animals for the same reason, albeit we've drifted far from nature. Our diet has contained meat for aeon, and through farming, we've found a way for that meat eating tradition to continue.

But, I think you stray from your argument when you conflate it with eating meat. A better moral comparison would be the millions of unwanted pets that are exterminated at animal shelters when owners cannot manage their pet, or irresponsibly allow them to breed refusing to have their pets spayed or neutered. I also think this lack of prior planning is wrong. http://www.nokilldeclaration.org/
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy. - by kandrathe - 11-15-2012, 02:11 PM