Secession Petitions, the Election, and the News.
(11-15-2012, 02:17 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: You really are in over your head here.

Stick to what you know.

The problem with Texas secession has nothing to do with Messkins. It has to do with resolving the disposition of the non trivial acreage of federal property all over the state. Fort Hood just doesn't pack up and leave in a day, for example.

Fort Sumter was a fart compared to a hurricane.

I asked whether we were talking about a peaceful or violent secession. If it comes down to fighting, everything would go pear shaped rather quickly.

Which are you suggesting - that the administrative issues of secession would be impossible to resolve? Or that the United States would be very unlikely to leave its military bases? There's always the Guantanamo solution, if necessary.

However, I'm pretty sure there is more than one problem with secession. Do you not think that ethnic tensions would be a serious issue with an independent Texas?

-Jester

(11-15-2012, 05:31 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I'm not educated enough about this, but has there been any successful secessions from a first world nation in recent history?

Czechoslovakia?

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
RE: Secession Petitions, the Election, and the News. - by Jester - 11-15-2012, 10:49 AM