Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy.
(11-13-2012, 05:37 PM)eppie Wrote: If you want to use science to make your point, what is your stance on ending life of animals?
Many animals have exactly the same feelings and brain functions when babies (or fetus) and even more when adult.
We are omnivores, we eat plants and animals. We didn't invent meat eating. It is a wide spread phenomenon in the natural world. I don't begrudge the carnivore their instincts to kill and eat their prey, even when they occasionally eat us. I've taken my chances in the wilds with bears, and swam with sharks. It's a Popeye philosophy; I ams, what I ams. I like's me spinach, and I like's me bacon too.

I don't purposefully try to kill animals. I do eat domesticated ones occasionally (cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys). When it comes to the farming and slaughter, I want it to be humane and stress free. Our domesticated livestock only exist for the purpose of being consumed or used by people. You probably remember that I used to raise beef cattle and each fall (not without some sadness) would bring them to the slaughter house. I do find some reports from "factory" farms disturbing.

Quote:And if you say a human life is worth more than an animal life is that statement based on religion? Or is it based on more concern for 'your own group'.....and if that last thing holds for you is it all humankind you consider as your own group?
I value all species, and want to share the earth with them, and wherever possible to respect natural habitats. Are we equals? No. We clearly have some advantages over them, and also many disadvantages. There is a food chain, and we tend to be on the upper end of it (even if we need not be, it is a choice we make due to our nature). I want the entire biome to flourish and coexist, and I think we humans need to be smarter about how we affect what happens.

Quote:And if 'no' wouldn't it be wiser to instead of stigmatizing young pregnant women who are in serious mental difficulty just go to Africa and help over there. I mean women who loose their child against their will because of poverty or disease?
If I'm worried about something ethical like global warming, should I concentrate on developing China, or should I also consider the US?

Africa is a separate issue where, in your mind, we are being ineffective in helping to prevent harm. Beyond that, Africa is a big place with a myriad of problems depending on which country we are speaking about. What should we do about the Janjaweed militia who drive people from their homes? What should we do about the repressive and violent rule of Mugabe? How do you think we should bring back a sovereign government to Somalia?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy. - by kandrathe - 11-13-2012, 09:05 PM