Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy.
(11-10-2012, 03:42 PM)Jester Wrote: I'm saying a fetus before delivery does have rights and protections, analogous to (though obviously not identical with) those we afford to animals. You cannot kill a fetus without the consent of the mother. You cannot harm it unnecessarily. You cannot be cruel to it. But it is not a citizen. A late-term abortion is not murder, in exactly the same sense that putting down a pet is not murder. That it is alive and feels pain does not mean it has full human rights. Those, I say, begin at birth - which, I might emphasize again, is NOT a conclusion emerging from science, but a value judgment.
Two mothers are impregnated nearly the same time. One has complications in her 8th month and delivers a living baby 3-4 weeks pre-mature. You are saying that the one baby is a citizen, and the other has the rights of a puppy due entirely to their position. It has nothing to do with gestational age.

Quote:Then there's something wrong with your scientific and logical mind, because those definitions are arbitrary.
Right, I just need to fight for the rights of puppies. Brilliant.

For me, babies are afforded human rights regardless of the whims of their parents. They are not puppies.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy. - by kandrathe - 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM