Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy.
(11-10-2012, 01:11 PM)Jester Wrote: I think that we owe ethical treatment to anything which can feel pain. Unnecessary cruelty to animals should be a criminal offense, but killing animals per se is not murder. Killing a fetus is not murder, but if you violate a mother's body, you violate her rights, which is serious assault, or even attempted murder, given the possible consequences. I think we owe human rights to anyone who has been born. I can't reduce these positions to science, because they aren't science.
I'm not basing the code of law on the laws of science. Science informs us of the truth of our observed reality. We base our laws, and our ethics on what we know to be true. The science of human biology informs us of what we know about human gestation. These are observable facts. Science informs us on the difference between living, and not living. Science informs us on what is human, and what is not human.

You don't see the disconnect in that a human, hours before delivery feels pain, but doesn't have the same protections you feel are afforded to animals in general. So no, it's not that I seem to be saying... We in fact have a way of defining harm against animals, or against people, or we do not? Can you tell me the difference between living or not living? Can you tell me the difference between human and not human? What is the difference between this pre-birth baby a few hours before delivery, and the post-birth baby a few hours after delivery? Does it's position outside a womb really afford it humanity? When you say that it's not a human hours before delivery, it is contrary to my scientific, and logical mind.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy. - by kandrathe - 11-10-2012, 03:20 PM