Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy.
(11-10-2012, 02:43 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I really hope none of this pseudo-science eugenics crap comes to pass. Genetically engineered people - the child being human whether they are born or not is beside the point. Seriously, anyone who advocates this, is fucked in the head. This has Nazism written all over it.

I don't understand how you reconcile this position with being okay with aborting a fetus who would have Down syndrome. If it's okay to do eugenics in some cases, why not others? You say it's "doing them a favour," but of course, this is the argument for all eugenics, and all transhumanism.

-Jester

(11-10-2012, 02:18 AM)Taem Wrote: When will the first child be grown in a lab? Perhaps for their organs? Do you honestly believe we will be able to grow organs separately from the body in a few years time? With the laws for this type of stuff slowly fading into obscurity, I wonder when the rich will have clones nurtured for their organs. Morality stopping us you say?

I'm okay with organ cloning. There's no point in creating an actual human being for that. It's a waste - just grow the organs directly.

Quote:Not if the letter of the law says a child isn't "human" unless they are "born". There are ways around that as I just proved. So if Jester and Shadow want to keep side-stepping my objections by pretending that "birthing" is the only true meaning of being alive.... well then I think they are sadly mistaken, and not from any misguided biblical standpoint, but from a scientific one: Opinion Piece, and Scientific Fact.

To be clear, and I think I was before as well, being "alive" is not he same as being "human," and not being "human" does not mean that there are no applicable rights. A sperm or ovum is, in every meaningful sense, alive, and is certainly human. But nobody sane suggests we enforce that as murder. And a dog is not a human, but it still has rights, albeit quite restricted ones.

Quote:Ironically, this proves my point even further. The baby is alive and conscious before birth, but being in a more stimulating environment is required for learning and mental growth.

And the baby is alive before it is conscious. And a fertilized egg is alive before it becomes a baby. And sperm and ova are alive before they become fertilized eggs. "Alive" is not the question.

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy. - by Jester - 11-10-2012, 10:25 AM