Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy.
(11-09-2012, 08:21 PM)ShadowHM Wrote: Again, your emotional decision and the law do not need to be the same thing. But the law has to have a clear demarcation point and birth works quite well for that purpose.
At one level I would like to see the government having clear definitions on the protection of the rights of unborn children, and on another I think there is a discussion and decision that is between a woman and her ethics bound doctor. In my view, one of the most important roles for government is in safeguarding the rights of those who are in the minority, or powerless.

We will get to the point of artificial wombs someday, and that will change the ethical equation -- not only for women who would prefer not to carry their babies, but also where either the father or temporarily the State may choose to claim the unwanted children until they are adopted.

Quote:I don't imagine human being too terribly far off tbh.
According to my genetic engineering friends, they can "trick" cells into regressing to an embryonic state. There is no explicit advantage in experimenting on human fetal tissue. But, yeah, there do need to be some guidelines framing ethical research on all animals, including humans. We pretty much understand the uncorked nuclear genie, but we are just beginning to understand the uncorked bioengineering genie.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bourgeois pigs kill suicidal 16 year old boy. - by kandrathe - 11-09-2012, 11:09 PM