Hardware lurkers - help me find a new video card!
(10-26-2012, 06:36 AM)LavCat Wrote: I'm still having problems. Most of my restarts though are while I am web browsing, not while I am playing wow. Now that I think about it, have not had wow issues in days, and the wow disconnects were only over a couple of days, and may have been something else.
I usually can track these types of issues to a driver/hardware issue from the crash logs. The last one was fixed by disabling hardware acceleration until the driver was able to do it properly. Sometimes, you can get stability by using Open GL, but really, most game/card makers should be building for DirectX on PC's. Getting the exact best working firmware, driver, DX versions are usually the issue. Once I find a zone of stability I'm loath to change anything unless I'm really in need.

I think if I were Deebye, I return the card and try a different one.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hardware lurkers - help me find a new video card! - by kandrathe - 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM