Alternative Nuclear Power
I was sitting in a waiting room for my car battery to arrive and the mechanic to install it when I read something in Popular Mechanic's 2012 October issue which I cannot find online for some reason.

In short, it said that Thorium makes a great alternative nuclear fuel, and had an entire write up about how keeping Thorium rods in fluoride (or something with that name) doubles its energy output making it twice as efficient as Uranium.

Anyways, if your interested, read: THIS
Although, that is not the link I read, but still quite informative.

Some raw facts: HERE

and on the liquid fluoride reactor: HERE

Based on what I've read, this could really be a safe alternative to uranium that is incapable of producing weapons of mass destruction, and is twice as efficient as producing energy as uranium. I really think THIS is the way of the future for the entire world, and a way all countries could have access to unlimited power without threat of nuclear annihilation. This could really change the world!

**FUN FACT**
Doctors used to use plutonium powered pace makers because of the long half-life guaranteed the patient would not die because his battery cut-out! Read about it: HERE
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Alternative Nuclear Power - by Taem - 10-16-2012, 03:48 AM
RE: Alternative Nuclear Power - by Occhidiangela - 11-04-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: Alternative Nuclear Power - by Lissa - 11-04-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: Alternative Nuclear Power - by Taem - 11-09-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: Alternative Nuclear Power - by Occhidiangela - 11-15-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: Alternative Nuclear Power - by Lissa - 11-15-2012, 03:51 PM