I cant take it anymore!
Well, I just found an ethereal 3 socketed Scarab Husk. Exceptionally low strength with 555 defense. If you need, PM me.

Just kidding. I have that but I thought I would joke.

You need to read that article a little further. It was discussed in that article that the worst (or best of) the Iths are yet to come. These guys took severe advantage of the game when it wasn't patched. Simply put, they have their items already made and are just creating demand for bigger and better. As the market demands better, they keep their values high by introducing only pieces and parts. They all have their private duping technique that nobody will ever be told no matter what you pay (once it's out, someone can tip Blizz and poof! Patched). Look at the jewels that are out. According to that document, there was a time when Open could join a Closed game.

If this was only fixed in April of 2002, I remember some VERY nasty jewels that were available on Open that could already be on closed and nobody would know it. The Havoc Jewel is out right now, but I guarantee that there are FAR worse on Open that WERE available early last year. Ever seen an Ivory Jewel? 19 stats on the jewel. Introduced in early 2002 to the Open item makers. To bring that jewel into Closed would make duelling pointless. The +7 skills charms (aka Expert's SC of the Apprentice) was introduced into open in 2001. What that document told me was that there were alot of stupid players out there that actually BUY these cheated goods, and they are by far the most defensive people in the world when you call them a cheater. "Oh, I could OWN YOU!" Sure, ok. But if these people were doing a Poltergeist like transcendence into the Closed Realm with this gear, I would say that the worst is yet to come, and anyone dumb enough to buy anything on Ebay will only fuel their economy.

The article was written by a notorious hack site admin (check it out, and the author is a SHE), she will post all hacks and news on hacks, and then tell you to use at your own discretion. LOL, the old disclaimer. She also has VERY poor writing skills IMO. That aside tho, it was very informative and makes complete sense to me as to how this stuff made it into the realms. Anyone familiar with modding equipment and items in Open Bnet knows that you can make some very powerful and disgustingly pointless equipment. I knew all along that many of these hacks HAD to be brought in from Open, because there is just absolutely NO WAY you can access Bnet to hack it and edit an item like that. You MUST have access to the item's code and get the server to agree that it is a real item. All while not destroying your character. Only place to do that is Open, so like I said, the worst is coming. That article just confirmed it for me.

Most surprising is that GFrazier supposedly met her in a private game, and according to the screen shots I saw when I visited out of curiousity, FOR SHAME GF! That better not have been you talking with a hack supporter!

But here's an idea if you wanted to start a trading forum channel here. You can post your items, but no uniques, set items, or hacks. Hey! What's left? Hmm, maybe some neat socketed armors, base elite blues for cubing, amulets that we might be looking for, charms that people would appreciate. I would definitely be a loyal subscriber of that because I am always looking for stuff nobody wants. I'm the Sultan of the Land of Diablo Item Misfits.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil

Messages In This Thread
I cant take it anymore! - by Wapptor - 03-03-2003, 02:50 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by Occhidiangela - 03-03-2003, 03:32 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by WarBlade - 03-03-2003, 05:40 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by kandrathe - 03-03-2003, 06:45 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by --Pete - 03-03-2003, 07:25 PM
I cant take it anymore! - by Kharohz - 03-04-2003, 12:15 AM
I cant take it anymore! - by Conner Macleod - 03-04-2003, 01:32 AM
I cant take it anymore! - by Wapptor - 03-04-2003, 02:43 AM