Dems and GOP are fun to bash, but so are Libertarians...
(08-07-2012, 12:17 AM)RedRadical Wrote: The Keynesian vs supply-side debate is funny to me. I don't like either one, since they are both Capitalism.
Obviously. Keynes died in 1946, the Chicago school began in the 1950's. I'm more of a Hayek fan. I'm not so keen on the monetarist parts of Friedman, but he wrote much I can agree with. You might want to read them, even if you disagree. At least you'll be better informed with that to which you object.

From wiki "Chicago macroeconomic theory rejected Keynesianism in favor of monetarism until the mid-1970s, when it turned to new classical macroeconomics heavily based on the concept of rational expectations. The freshwater-saltwater distinction is largely antiquated today, as the two traditions have heavily incorporated ideas from each other. Specifically, New Keynesian economics was developed as a response to new classical economics, electing to incorporate the insight of rational expectations without giving up the traditional Keynesian focus on imperfect competition and sticky wages."

Quote:Oh, and btw Kandrathe, I don't read much poetry in general (let alone radical French poetry), nor do I wear a beret or Che tee-shirts. I have very mixed views regarding the Argentinian revolutonary. You are right on the young part (relatively speaking), and the college part Smile
That is sad. Poetry, like other arts, helps to make life more beautiful. Try out some Langston Hughes, or Christopher Cauldwell. I think you'll like them.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dems and GOP are fun to bash, but so are Libertarians... - by kandrathe - 08-09-2012, 07:07 PM