Dems and GOP are fun to bash, but so are Libertarians...
This summarizes the majority of things written by political pundits. It's amazing that people of all ideologies can write the same kind of thoughtless rhetoric that is almost the same thing as long as you put in the correct issue/person to bash in the fill in the blank line.

Attack people, avoid issue, pretend to be special.

Well, I am too, but I don't claim to know some hidden truth. Yea, sure, I guess it's the "cool" thing to be because people are incapable of avoiding bandwagons and both the popular options are out. And.... ? This isn't unique to any particular party.

>.>

Attempting to group people into an ideological singularity is not only dishonest, but also why we have so many fucking problems right now. It's so easy to bash a wide group of people if you assemble them into neat little strawmen.

I'll leave you with this, if you hate the ruling elites so much...

Divide and Conquer. Our two ruling parties have done so perfectly, letting our countrypeople tear at each other into two camps, convinced that the other side is an evil that must be eliminated since they hate America, while they do absolutely nothing but spew the same empty promises and garbage they have for the last fucking 10 years or so all in an effort to get you to feel good about yourself as you stick that scantron into that box and feel good about yourself for the next 15 seconds. Meanwhile, as you bash all that disagree with you, feel free to entertain yourself with the latest in banal celebrity gossip and whether [insert group here] is contributing to the moral decline of traditional values while ignoring the actual issues at hand here. And honestly, I don't even know what to do, except to stop viewing my fellow citizens as enemies.

And I guess, my sig comes into play here for once.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dems and GOP are fun to bash, but so are Libertarians... - by Archon_Wing - 08-05-2012, 12:12 AM