The Pace of the Game
(07-29-2012, 04:35 AM)ErickTheRed Wrote: At first I didn't mind the movement controlling effects. Now I find them a bit too strong - they feel like they restrict my skill selections a too much.
I think most of the problem is the way the skills combine. There are restrictions that packs can't have two crowd control skills, but frozen isn't in the crowd control category. Frozen is fine by itself, but combined with fear things can get annoying fast. Illusions shouldn't be able to use the skills either. I'd like to see them be less stingy with the crowd control reduction affix on items. If all this was done I think things would be fine for characters that don't rely on kiting extensively.

This is key right here. Never understood why Frozen is not considered a CC type ability, because it most certainly and blatantly is. It's really bad if it spawns with Waller, because you spend more time trying to escape and avoid being immobilized than actually trying to fight. And if the mob has shielding or extra health on them also, good luck not hitting those enrage timers.

But I think the combo that I am most sick of, and that is currently public enemy #1 on my shit list is Vortex combined with Arcane Sentry. This combo more than any other is empirical evidence that Blizz didn't take the time to properly balance traits (or Inferno period) - there are some abilities that shouldn't spawn together and these two are the prime example. I don't think there is any nerfing Vortex, it just needs to be removed from the game, plain and simple. It's annoying too because it seems A LOT of packs spawn with this combination. I had 3 or 4 of these packs in ONE area the other night, and they seem almost guaranteed to spawn at least once in every game. Hate it.

And I agree about kiting chars, I think JW and company are melee fans at heart and really have something personal against ranged classes, because typically melee classes are harder to play but in D3 it is the complete opposite - the game mechanics are especially brutal on DH's and Wizard's. They have the highest DPS potential, but in a game where you are forced to kite constantly, which makes your DPS drop like a rock, it becomes meaningless.

A 30-second CD on potions is asinine - especially in light that they only heal you for up to 12k hp anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
The Pace of the Game - by Archon_Wing - 07-28-2012, 12:10 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by SkyDarkwind - 07-28-2012, 08:13 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by ErickTheRed - 07-29-2012, 04:35 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by FireIceTalon - 07-29-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by Wessonality - 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by Kurosu - 07-30-2012, 02:35 AM