Quick Poll to the International Members of The Lounge!
(07-09-2012, 05:43 AM)DeeBye Wrote: When he saw that the store had no Tomato soup cans left for sale he went into a rage.

Bob woke up to a great day. The sun was shining and he could hear birds chirping outside his window and kids playing next door. His loving wife had his breakfast all ready when he got downstairs. He loved his breakfast, the same one she had made for him every morning of their 30 year marriage, eggs over hard, thick cut bacon, sausage patties and a large glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.

The drive to work was a breeze, making every light and arriving 15 minutes early. He was able to enjoy some coffee and glance through the paper before he sat down at his desk.

Then it started. The phone rang and it was his boss. "Bob, did you know the assembly line is shut down? We're waiting on those widgets you were supposed to order! Get them here, NOW!" He jumped on the phone to check on his order. "What do you mean it was a holiday? I don't care about your holiday! My boss is threatening to find a new orifice for his boot. I ordered it overnight and I wanted it overnight. SHIP IT NOW, OR ELSE!" He didn't know what the or else might be, but he was mad. He called his boss to tell him he had handled it. "Bob, this has cost us thousands. I'm tired of you not knowing what holidays are being celebrated. You're fired!" Bob packed his things and took the walk of shame to the car and drove home.

As he pulled into the driveway, he saw his wife and some guy 20 years his junior shoving everything into a truck and trailer. His wife, looking a bit surprised, said, "Why are you home already? You had to pick today to change your routine? This is Brent and we've been together a whole week. I'm leaving you and going with him because I just can't take your same old boring routine anymore!" They jumped in the truck and pulled out of the driveway, the trailer scraping on the curb from being weighed down with all his worldly goods.

He went inside to find she left him his smelly old recliner that she always hated. He slumped into the comfort of his old friend and tried to make sense of the day. His head just kept spinning and he realized he was hungry. He went to the kitchen to see what was there. He found an old dented pot and a little milk, a day past the expiration, in the fridge. He decided to head to the store.

He went in and grabbed a cart. He decided he would make himself some burgers. He found a new skillet, a few utensils and a couple plates and glasses. He got some hamburger and some buns. He got cheese and a tomato and ketchup. He got chocolate milk. He was starting to feel better and was looking forward to a good meal so he went to the checkout. The checker rang everything up and he handed her his credit card. "I'm sorry sir, but they're declining your card." She had even canceled his credit cards! He apologized and quickly headed for the door. As he was pulling his keys out of his pocket, he heard the jingle of change. He thought of the pot and milk back at the house. He headed back into the store and to the soup aisle. He was lucky. Soup was on sale and he would have enough to cover one can. He remembered when he was a little boy and wasn't feeling well so his mom made tomato soup for him. He looked on the shelves and they had plenty of Chicken Noodle, Vegetable, and Cream of Mushroom. There was no tomato. He broke!

As he was screaming out the rage at this worst of days, a nice young man came up to him. He thought the young man said his name was DB or something like that. The young man put his arm around Bob's shoulder and said, "Can I help you?"
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quick Poll to the International Members of The Lounge! - by LochnarITB - 07-09-2012, 12:55 PM