Listening to computer game soundtracks
(07-01-2012, 09:30 PM)shoju Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 02:44 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(06-29-2012, 03:59 PM)shoju Wrote: I am not much of a fan of Soundtrack pieces. I have always wondered what the appeal was, so I've picked some up, and tried, but I guess I'm just missing out.
Movie soundtracks are a very different thing from game soundtracks. But, in general, they both share either a genre or a composer.

I was speaking mainly of game soundtracks. I just don't find them very compelling without the game visuals to add a frame of reference.

I don't know, I think some of the game soundtracks are pretty good without the visuals. BioWare got a good composer for the Mass Effect games and there's some really great tracks. Now if you played the game, you can recall some of the music that matches up with the visuals. One of my favorite tracks from the Mass Effect trilogy is called "The Omega 4 Relay," which comes from Mass Effect 2 and is "I Was Lost Without You," from Mass Effect 3 along with "The Fleet Arrives", they're great tracks and when you match it with the sequence, it's incredible what the composer pulled off with the cut scene involved.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
Listening to computer game soundtracks - by Tomas Ove Johansson - 06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: Listening to computer game soundtracks - by Lissa - 07-02-2012, 10:51 PM