Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-16-2012, 03:36 AM)Athenau Wrote:
Quote:The Barbarian... well, I think most of his problems are just Inferno and will be solved quite quickly, but I could be wrong.
The barbarian is very well designed. He has a nicely rounded skillset which covers the bases of damage, mitigation, movement, and CC. His problems in inferno are the general problems with melee in inferno rather than barb-specific design flaws. The only things I find lacking are the lackluster resource spenders (apart from Seismic Slam), but he's still in a better place than the monk in that regard.

I have to agree with this entirely. Well, I do think Whirlwind is a viable spender through hell mode. But in Inferno, the only spender I use is WotB, and I reserve that for the toughest of mobs. Otherwise, I stick with Frenzy, Charge with Dreadnought rune, and Leap with Iron Impact rune for most of my offense. Revenge (cant imagine playing a Barb w/o this), and either War Cry or Ignore Pain (still cant decide which I like better) to fill out the other slots. The passives all seem pretty good too, but right now I use Ruthless, Nerves of Steel, and the one that reduces incoming dmg by 50% when u are at below 20% of your life (i forget the name of it, Relentless?). Inferno Act 1 is still insanely hard and often not very fun, but substantially more doable than it was with my DH.

Barb and Wiz are both very well designed, much more so than DH. I will give my thoughts on Monk and WD when I have 60'd them, but mine are baby chars at the moment.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by FireIceTalon - 06-16-2012, 03:44 AM