Best Two Person Team to Defeat Normal Untwinked
(06-04-2012, 10:45 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: I'm just saying that I have yet to find a 2-hander that has ever even competed with a 1H/Orb of the same level. The big benefits of 1H/Orb are that you have two items providing statistics instead of just one. I have yet to see a 2-hander have the int+vitality of a 1H/Orb combo, for example. Plus, you can socket both the weapon and off-hand. Plus, you can get other miscellaneous stats on both items like +life per hit or wizard AP abilities. Meanwhile, even the dps on 2-handers I've found just really aren't that much higher than the dps on 1-handers I've found. Tack on an orb adding +damage and intelligence, and I've always found 1H/orb combos doing more damage than a 2-hander alone.

However, again, the 2-hand versus 1-hand/orb isn't necessarily an arguement about fast versus slow, because there are slow 1-handed weapons out there. I've just found that when all of the stats are added up that a 1-hand/orb combo is better all around.

Your experience runs counter to mine. 2H? 14k dps. 1H+Source? 12k dps. It's been that way since after the teens for me, and nothing else really matters.

Quote:It's true what you're saying about fast versus slow -- *if* your character's dps with both are equal. You can, though, use a slow 1-handed mace to get some of that slowness back. However, keep in mind, too, that faster weapons get more benefit from +damage on rings, amulets, and off-hands.

Careful with that, is it fully tested yet? I know rune +damage don't get full benefit unless they're on 0.9 speed weapons. The numbers I saw showed that 1.5 benefited most from pure DPS perspective (the attack speed outweighed the penalty), but the ranking was something like this (IIRC): 1.5 > 1.4 ~ 0.9 > 1.0 > 1.3 > 1.1 > 1.2.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Two Person Team to Defeat Normal Untwinked - by Quark - 06-05-2012, 03:32 AM