What has happened to the US Attorney's Office?
Over the past few years, we have seen the U.S. Attorney's Office involved in several rather High Profile cases, and lose or screw it up badly.

I'm a sports fan, so I'm reminded of the Barry Bonds Case Where they spent tons of money, and were only able to get a conviction on a single count of Obstructing Justice. A conviction that is being appealed.

Staying in the realm of sports, you have the Roger Clemens Trials. The first, handled so poorly, that it was declared a mistrial because of the attorney's mistakes, and the second, so mind numbingly boring, that 2 jurors have been excused because they fell asleep. During this trial, the Judge has constantly poked and prodded at the attorneys because of how long the case is taking, how slow they are moving.

And then, there is the Edwards Trial which wrapped up yesterday. One Acquittal, and a mistrial.

Now, I don't think that every case that the US Attorney's Office takes to court should be a slam dunk. I think that everyone should have their day in court, and be able to defend themselves. But, it is distressing that they are putting forth an incredible amount of man hours and money towards prosecuting cases that are... shaky at best it seems.

Is it just me being relatively young, (32) and not remembering other times when this happened? Or, is the US Attorney's Office failing miserably?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
What has happened to the US Attorney's Office? - by shoju - 06-01-2012, 03:45 PM