I got an honorable mention at GameFront for bashing Blizzard fanboys
(05-28-2012, 01:09 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Just curious, where do you go to hunt or even to just browse for these? The site\link to the Oris diver pic you gave was very interesting, and if I were to buy a watch nowadays chances are I'd go the innernetz route.

But I am amazed and not a little envious whenever I hear stories of someone stumbling on a great find in a brick and mortar location. "I found an amazing vintage watch on a garage sale\Goodwill store for 10-20$..."

Well, as I said before I am not a big collector that has 10s of watches.
And I am too scared of the internet for my age. Smile So I have actually never bought anything second hand on internet via ebay or so. And with watches....the chance of getting a fake is so big.

In the south of Italy (where I have been living for a while) I found this very little shop in the center where an old guy was repairing watches himself. He had worked in Switzerland (maybe even ETA) and I think he was a pensioner now. He had an amazing amount of older watches there.
But he didn't sell them for 10 or 20 dollars or whatever.....so they were not real finds in that sense. But it is just very cool to see such an amount of these vintage watches all together.
Again they are nothing like modern high quality watches. Safire glass didn't exist yet etc. etc.

I agree with you on rolex. Good quality, true, but they are too flashy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I got an honorable mention at GameFront for bashing Blizzard fanboys - by eppie - 05-28-2012, 07:00 AM