I think I know why revives appear weak
I had tried using revives before in early levels but found they died in one hit.

Thinking that basically revives were very weak, on my next necro test character I didn't bother with them at all till really high levels when i had points to burn.

As you know by only summoning 1 at a time you can see a revives health bar, with more you just get a number. I had seen phrozen keep reported revives as being weak aswell but what I noticed with just one is that seconds after creating a revive its life drops to a sliver on the health bar.

This happened every time I tried to revive a monster, and different types aswell. It's either a time period or when they first move that the health bar goes from full to a sliver.

This is why i htought they were so weak and died in one hit, because they basically had no health. After casting life tap things seem to right themselves or a quick drink at a well.

My thoughts here is that initially the revive is created with its usual amount of hit points yet when the SM bonus is factored in the health of the revive freaks out and gets set to like 1.

Further testing with now healthy revives proves that they can tank just as well as they used to, I and alot of ohter people missed this because you generally spam revive over a battlefield to raise alot of revives at once and not just one.

Messages In This Thread
I think I know why revives appear weak - by Dyntheos - 07-17-2003, 12:43 PM
I think I know why revives appear weak - by Guest - 07-17-2003, 12:54 PM
I think I know why revives appear weak - by Kevin - 07-17-2003, 03:50 PM