Belial Evolved Wizard.
(05-17-2012, 08:07 PM)Pantalaimon Wrote: Ah! Smile I'm guessing this is a single-player character? What would you change if you had a tank for a partner, or were in full-party play?

To compare and contrast, what was your original build/playstyle?

The build I was using up until this point was very Arcane Orb centric. I believe I had Disintegrate/Electrocute/Arcane Orb/Diamond Skin/Frost Nova/Slow Time.

Disintegrate and Electrocute both required me to be standing still to do damage, and Arcane Orb was just too slow for me to reliably deal damage without a lot of risk.

The more I think about the new build I doubt I would change anything based on solo or group play. It's extremely flexible and allows you to do a lot to support a team. In solo play Hydra is great for pulling mobs from off screen and lining them up into your Disintegrate. In a group this will be even better as your tank can gather stuff up for your massive aoe fest. I also have to stress that damage is not a problem with this build. The combination of Arcane Hydra and Disintegrate absolutely melts stuff. Hydra looks underwhelming on paper but it will often fire off bursts of 2-3 shots every second. Runed with Arcane that is 2-3 mini Arcane Orbs every second and those shots travel much faster than Arcane Orb. The other benefit of Hydra is that it has no collision so enemies will be walking straight through it in packs. Thus those Arcane shots will be detonating from the center of the packs and not get wasted by hitting an outlier.

Messages In This Thread
Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-17-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by RTM - 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Pantalaimon - 05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Pantalaimon - 05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by MongoJerry - 05-18-2012, 03:43 AM
RE: Belial Evolved Wizard. - by Chesspiece_face - 05-19-2012, 12:41 AM