I'm confused about the American Republican party
(02-27-2012, 01:30 PM)Quark Wrote:
Quote:In his 1987 book, “Freedom Under Siege: The U.S. Constitution after 200-Plus Years,” Paul suggested that victims of sexual harassment should simply quit their jobs, writing, “Employee rights are said to be valid when employers pressure employees into sexual activity. Why don’t they quit once the so-called harassment starts? Obviously the morals of the harasser cannot be defended, but how can the harassee escape some responsibility for the problem? Seeking protection under civil rights legislation is hardly acceptable.”

Src

Yeah, this seems to me where is overshooting to the wrong side in his libertarian politics. Probably he was more concerned about giving employees to much power Then about the harresment issue. As I said, this is why I find that the libertarian ecnomic policy favours the rich and powerful.
So he is wrong here but hypocrytical?

Anyway thanks for the link.

In the mean time Rick Santorum keeps telling his followers that in the Netherlands we kill the elderly because we like it and because we need hospital beds.
Another big question about american politics. Why can those people so blatantly lie about things and get away with it? It is clear that you are a liar and you full of shit because you use stupid lies about people that are not present when you make them and so cannot defend themselves and use those lies for political gain. Scaring the God-fearing voters who have never actually left their own village and of course never will visit the Netherlands anyway to see for themselves.

Freedom of speech is not the freedom to lie.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by eppie - 02-27-2012, 01:44 PM