I'm confused about the American Republican party
(02-22-2012, 07:25 PM)Quark Wrote: Herman Cain's tax plan was based off mathematical impossibilities.
Everyone's tax plan (incl. the Republican boy genius Ryan) is mathematically impossible. Or, perhaps better stated, politicians are unwilling to commit political suicide by presenting a mathematically possible plan.

Quote: Oh and look, Kandrathe's stirring up the Muslim boogeyman as slyly as possible. Dodgy
Actually, not. I'm just trying to make the point that there are mysteries that are off limits for Dems. Like, do you have a past filled with sexual harrassment, and extramarital affairs? This is not just Bill Clinton. Take Edwards as a second example. During his campaign it was hushed or blamed as a political hit job. Or, Barney Frank, who's live in boy friend ran a brothel out of Frank's house.

Or, how does a poorly paid community organizer with poor undergraduate performance get selected to, and afford attending an elite school? Even if you limited the pool to black students, don't you think there were hundreds of better candidates for Harvard Law? With Cain, you can see a whole trail of success and advancement. You look at his life, and it has a predictable trajectory. Obama's life isn't like that, and no one dares to dig into it? I'm not limiting this to Dems either. The Bush's had plenty of skeleton's that remain buried, or not discussed. For the voter, sometimes, these personal demons and character flaws do matter, and should influence our selection of people who lead us.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by kandrathe - 02-22-2012, 07:51 PM