I'm confused about the American Republican party
(02-22-2012, 05:58 PM)kandrathe Wrote: For Obama, there is still no explanation for how a <B student gets accepted into Harvard Law, and was it due to his Muslim Brotherhood connections to Khalid al-Mansour? Hannity, especially tried to go after him with Wright and Ayers, but pretty much stood alone as a rabid dog.

Harvard doesn't (and didn't) just strictly accept the top academic slice of students. That's a sure way to get your student body to boil over, with lots of splattered bodies in Harvard yard. They accept some slice of students with slightly lower marks, but who have distinguished themselves in some other way - no doubt his community organizer past looked like an asset. Diversity is also a major factor for admissions committees, which probably helped. No doubt, given his eloquence and inspiring personal history, he wrote a hell of an application. There are all sorts of reasons why he might have been accepted. Since his transcripts are sealed, we don't know what his grades even are - it has been suggested that the lack of honours is a matter of his degree length (2 years, as a transfer student), which would have prevented him from receiving them. We don't even know he was a B student. Given his record at Harvard Law and since, they clearly made the right choice.

Or we can spin conspiracies about the Muslim Brotherhood, based on practically nothing. That's also cool. I mean, if Trump's on board, there must be something to it, right?

Quote:Obama was/is on thin ice with the powerful Jewish vote out east...

Obama won more than 3/4 of the Jewish vote. His support among Jews is still double digits higher than his average support. Obama is not, and never has been, in trouble with Jewish voters.

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm confused about the American Republican party - by Jester - 02-22-2012, 06:13 PM