1.10 Necro level 62, where to go now?
Well Iam now 75 and doing 8 player hell act 1.

I went with 1 point in mages to give me 5 mages all up as I gambled a +3 summoner circlet and ammy for a massive boost to skills.

Skels now do 280 base damage, not counting amp or my might merc.

I through one point into bone armour and bone wall - it's only an extra 65 or so hit points worth of protection from the bone armour but I had the points to spare so i thought a few extra hit points effectively to my tota wouldn't hurt.

and the rest into attract. currently I have a level 14 attract that lasts about 15 seconds, a little less than my amp curse.

I have 11 skels, 5 mages, 1 blood golem, and my merc.

Things are moving along very nicely in hell. I genreally amp a crowd, then attract one of them to bunch the mob up waiting for the first corpse to appear then CE the lot.. rinse repeat.

Bone wall I use for self protection when mobs get a little rowdy and the mages serve not so much as killing power but body guards. As the hang back from the front line, anything coming up behind generally goes for the mages first.

I thought that after NM I'd have to drop the level from players 8 to players 1, but I find I am levelling at an astonishing rate, 70-75 from the moor to dark wood, and haven't slowed down my movement, if anything Iam killing faster in 8 player hell than 8 player NM.

It seems that the attract curse is a great compliment to a summoner as it keeps the mob off your skels and bunches them up for the finsihing CE move. What I love about this is that finally a necro can concentrate on curse placement and a little wall action here and there, without constantly casting summons. It's like he's playing the way he was meant to be played.

Current gear is,

+3 summoning coronet, with 2 pskulls - gambled
+3 summoning ammy - gambled
+2 necro wand - purchased at mala
4 socket Ancient Armour with pskulls - found
Sigons sheild with pdiamond - found
rare gloves with fhr, half freeze duration, and resists - found
rare belt with resists in the 20's for poison, fire and lightning - found
Tearhaunch greaves. - found
2 x resist all rings - 1 gambled - 15res all, 1 found - 12res all/5% life leech

1 grandcharm 15 resall
1 grand charm +29 life
1 grand charm +18 fire res
a few small and large either minor fire res charms or life charms.

SO far my resists have helped ALOT throughout norm and NM, particularly with bosses, I try to keep fire and light maxed, and I have max fire in hell, I think light is only around 40 or so in hell though.

Skel mastery and summon skeleton are at level 29, amp is only at 4, attract is 14, all other summon skills are at 10 apart from IG, FG and revive, as I have no points placed in them.

I'll report back on how he continues through hell, but iam pleased to see he can solo 8 player hell without a twink in sight, although I must say i getting sick of selling everything I come across so I can feed my gambling habit :lol:

[edit footnote] I forgot to say that I chose to go with attract because you can't curse over the top of it so it doesn't interfere with all the amped monsters around it, and you can have a few going at the same time to reproduce the same effect of confuse [/edit]

Messages In This Thread
1.10 Necro level 62, where to go now? - by jms - 07-14-2003, 02:54 AM
1.10 Necro level 62, where to go now? - by Dyntheos - 07-15-2003, 01:45 PM
1.10 Necro level 62, where to go now? - by BOB2 - 07-17-2003, 12:44 PM
1.10 Necro level 62, where to go now? - by Takas - 07-19-2003, 12:01 PM
1.10 Necro level 62, where to go now? - by Brista - 07-20-2003, 03:00 AM