This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-24-2011, 12:37 AM)Treesh Wrote: I have no real point to this post other than just a minor annoyance that unemployment can pay more than minimum wage so I don't feel too badly for folks when they say they can't get a job (that they want) while still getting paid for being unemployed.

Not sure how it is in the US, but in Canada unemployment pays 55% of your last working wages. That's quite a hit.

I hate the attitude that some people have of those on unemployment. They aren't getting free handouts. They are using the system exactly how it was designed to be used. Do these people even know how unemployment works? You pay into it while working, just in case you need to collect from it if you lose your job. Do some people take more than their fair share? Sure, but that thing isn't unique to unemployment and there is no way to solve the problem of greed.
(10-24-2011, 12:44 AM)kandrathe Wrote: He didn't even apply for any of them since they paid less than what he was making on unemployment. But, he still lost his house. His choice.

Just pointing out that he didn't lose his house because he didn't take one of those jobs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by DeeBye - 10-24-2011, 12:55 AM