This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-16-2011, 01:13 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
(10-15-2011, 11:30 PM)Jester Wrote: Also, how are you counting the international dimension here? This is obviously going way beyond the US now...
I don't think it really matters what happens outside the US. This movement is primarily organized around US tax policy, and the alleged inequity of "1%" of US citizens who control a large percentage of the wealth.

I don't think this is related to the chaffing that has been going on elsewhere due to austerity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15325171

It may have started here as a protest against various US issues, but since there are no clear cut specific issues, other folks have joined in around the world as well or else just chose to use it as an example of something that CAN be done to try to do something to fix the global problem. We keep being told we live in a global economy so why should it be surprising that something so economically broken in one region is just as broken in other regions? Why shouldn't folks everywhere be able to voice their disgust as well when they see that other people are being allowed to? With the globalization that the US helped foster because of big business, what we do here affects folks in other countries too. What they do in other countries affects us as well. We are not isolated, economically or socially. You may choose to view the multiple protests as separate if you wish, but I choose otherwise. After all, monkey see, monkey do. Wink
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by Treesh - 10-16-2011, 02:59 AM