This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-10-2011, 08:30 AM)eppie Wrote: You are wrong. You as a libertarian who is for a smaller government etc. etc., just look at the private sector. If I work for a big consumer goods company....say I am a higher level manager at wallmart. If I am in a public situation (say something with a lot of press present) and I will express myself, just by saying I am an atheist I WILL be fired.
Wall-Mart does not appreciate this and will make sure I will get fired. Probably by law they are not allowed to, but they can probably prove that my comment has been very bad for business.....which is a legitimate cause for firing me.

Depending on the state, they don't even need to give a reason. They can fire you at will without cause. I know Missouri is set up that way. You even sign a contract saying that you can quit without having to give notice and they can fire you without having to give a reason. So, yes, they can fire you for saying you're an atheist. I've even had a colleague fired for simply talking to someone trying to get unions into Walmart.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by Treesh - 10-10-2011, 12:50 PM