This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke
(10-09-2011, 05:53 PM)kandrathe Wrote: My approach is not the civil war. It is to engage people in dialogue, and attempt to change their attitudes (which is where justice and coexistence really need to go in the first place). So I fight to cut government and the reams of unnecessary law, and attempt to get people to be reasonable and coexist peacefully without depending on legalism.

Well both ways, the problem is what the people want will anyway happen.
During most of thefirst 3 quarters of the 20th century, people in the US were allright with the fact that african americans were second class citizens. So they were treated accordingly. So why not enforce the laws (all men are equal) in this case where we can clearly see it was wrong?

Global warming is a whole other thing. People don't have the capabilities to understand what is going on, but you cannot wait untill they all understand to change behaviour (like using less energy).
If you do you get two things; if science is correct and human CO2 emmission cause global warming etc. etc. it will be too late if we let this be lead by people's opinions. And second, again because people are not smart enough to understand these concepts, what you will just get is a kind of presidential election with commercials and infomercials explaining people in a coca-cola way how it works.....from both sides of the story. I am not sure this is your concept of libertarianism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why Westboro Baptist Church is a joke - by eppie - 10-10-2011, 08:11 AM