Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods...
(08-25-2011, 05:17 PM)Bolty Wrote: Much to my extreme surprise, Deus Ex: Human Revolution does not suck. You have no idea how much it shocked me to see the reviews on this.

Anyone try this game out yet?

I was shocked as well. Although, while I still enjoy it (3-4 hours into the game), I do not get the feeling I'm playing a Deus Ex game. Perhaps 10 years, a new setting and roster of characters will do that. Maybe it'll come back to me later in the game.

The game is decent, but as of yet, by no means great. GOTY for me (so far) is by FAR The Witcher 2, only to be superseded I suppose by Skyrim and Uncharted 3 in November.

As for Deus Ex3, it is a product of the times: streamlined simplicity. I remember one of the neat things about MGS2 was the ability to shoot bottles and glasses in the bar, and they would shatter into a thousand pieces. Shooting the ice bucket would send iceubes flying around the room. In DE3, shooting stuff in the scenery has no effect. It's like we're back in 1994. By no means a deal-breaker, but I thought we'd be past these pesky little anachronisms in video gaming by now.

The yellow tint around interactive objects is a feature also found in The Witcher 2, but it was part of the gameplay there, and had a logical explanation behind it. In DE3, why do doors, computers and cupboards have a yellow hew around them? There are a few of these things that individually help to break down my sense of immersion.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 08-25-2011, 05:17 PM
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by [wcip]Angel - 09-25-2011, 11:00 PM
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bun-Bun - 01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Lissa - 01-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 01-15-2009, 01:49 PM