Blizzard vs. Real Money Trading (RMT)
(09-21-2011, 08:00 PM)Wiccan Wrote: but now what will happen with the rmt ah will begin to make me wonder if they are able to control the pricing for said items and what are the limits that they can put up items for how much they want, and i don't mean the cool down on the item they didn't sell to control the sellers. but the pricing may have to be re-looked at.

By "they" do you mean 3rd parties?

They certainly can try, but anyone can try. It's pretty well known that you're going to see greater participation on weekends and holidays. You see that with the WoW AH every week. Prices of "farmable" items like herbs and such go down on the weekends and up during the week. Prices of "twinkable" items go down during the week and up on the weekends.

That will CERTAINLY happen on the $AH to some extent as well, but people may pay more attention to what they list for with real money involved.

The listing fee should keep it from being too micromanaged though. You need to have a profit of at least whatever it costs to list it plus enough to make it worth your time. I suppose it's possible you will see companies trying to "price fix" but if they don't, I'm sure you'll see a fair number of players trying to do that too. That will happen from the community all on it's own, even without 3rd party involvement.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Blizzard vs. Real Money Trading (RMT) - by Bolty - 08-08-2011, 12:12 PM
RE: Blizzard vs. Real Money Trading (RMT) - by Concillian - 09-21-2011, 08:16 PM