Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods...
(09-09-2011, 01:44 PM)Crusader Wrote: The bad:
- The game is linear as hell. There are a few optional side-quests, but that's it. The story changes depending on your actions, the missions don't.
- Building layouts in this game make no sense at all.
- Dumb AI. It was mentioned before. Example: I open a door to a room and peek inside. A guard sees me and goes on yellow alert and moves in to investigate. This guard then stops right in front of the door, but does not step inside and looks around the corner where I am sitting. Instead he will stand there a few seconds, before going back on patrol.
- Boss fights are easy if you bring a big gun and ridiculously hard if you, true to your stealth persona, don't lug around a rocket launcher.

I haven't played Deus Ex: Human Revolution yet, but everything you just wrote there (sans the boss fight complaint) could be said of the original game as well. Especially the bad AI. Those complaints were marginalized, and rightly so, because the other parts of the game were so incredibly well done.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 08-25-2011, 05:17 PM
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bun-Bun - 01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Lissa - 01-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 01-15-2009, 01:49 PM