GC's Blog about wanting threat stats to matter for tanks.
(04-01-2011, 11:56 PM)Lissa Wrote: If you came in second in overall DPS on Halfus, that is something wrong with your DPSers, not something wrong with your damage output in a threat spec/gear. When we do Halfus on SR in the early Avarice group, all of our well geared DPS (those that have been raiding for the last couple months) are typically 30k+. Either you're pulling one drake at a time and killing it (which you should be able to handle multiple drakes at once unless you just started raiding BoT/BWD) or your DPS aren't doing something right.
Everyone else was 18k+ for the fight. Pull both drakes, Kill 1, taunt and kill 2 from the halfus tank, then move to boss. the only people on Halfus from get go is one interrupter + tank. Rest of the DPS joins after 2nd drake is dead

Quote:Problem with that is how Mastery works for the Shield Tanks vs. the Non-shield Tanks. Having mastery decay would put limitations on DKs and Druids since they don't have the mitigation that a shield brings (for Pallies, they get additional DR equal to decimalized Block * 0.3, so 40% block would give a rough additional DR of 12% which is gigantic compared to the 6% DKs get from having no blood runes up and what Druids get since Warriors and Pallies are already in the high 50% range for DR while DKs and Druids are in the low to mid 50% range before the DR from Block is figured in).

I agree wholeheartedly. What I mean is, If you reduce the amount of times that a Shield tank blocks, each block should mean more, Because, unlike Druids and Dk's our mastery only effects melee damage, while BLood Shield (and I think Savage defense, but I could be wrong because I don't play a druid) effects both magic and melee.

Quote:Maybe cut the bonus per mastery for shield tanks, but DKs and Druids need the bonus they get from Mastery. The blood shield and savage defense make up for the difference in DR that Shield tanks get from Mastery by allowing DKs and Druid to not drop in health as quickly due to the absorbtion these two effects bring.
That's what I meant. Specifically speaking of paladins, since I can't comment on warriors just yet, as my warrior tank is still 74.

Quote:Just because you can hit something because it's huge, doesn't mean that you can find and hit its weak spot. Think of it this way, just because you can hit a brick wall with your baseball doesn't mean that you're going to be able to hit that brick wall with said baseball and bring it down. Hit is there to find that weak spot.

Yeah, I just really don't care for hit rating at all. I much prefer dodge / parry mechanics to miss mechanics personally. It seems more "interactive" than just "miss", and we already have glancing/block mechanics on bosses that serve the "weak spot" type of thought.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: GC's Blog about wanting threat stats to matter for tanks. - by shoju - 04-02-2011, 11:54 PM