World of Tanks
(03-07-2011, 07:22 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Interesting! I have some questions that the web site didn't answer.

How does it handle some logistical things like ammo and fuel? Do you run out? Do you need to drop out of the battle to resupply?

How does battle damage affect performance? Do you repair between battles? If you are destroyed, do you re-spawn?

Ammo can be resupplied in the garage in between battles. Same with fuel. You will not run out of fuel in a battle unless you get hit in the fuel tank a few times. You get a finite number of shells depending on the tank, and that is usually enough to last, unless you get hit in the ammo rack. Assuming you do not blow up that is, you will start running out of shells sooner. I have my garage options on "resupply", so I am topped out on shells before each battle.

You repair in between battles in the garage and automatically if you have that option selected. This costs credits, but you gain credits in each battle for several things. Kills, hits, first spot of an enemy tank and some other less obvious factors (which makes light tanks in early tiers viable to play to progress).

As far as battle performance, it depends. There are several ways you can get hit. First is simple damage. This does not affect performance. However, the most common is getting your tracks destroyed/damaged. This will immobalize you for a time. It will get fixed in a little bit by your crew automatically, with the time depending on the experience level of your crew. However, the chances are better than 50% that if you are immobalized, you will get destroyed before you are mobile again. Even if you do manage to fix your tracks, you mobility is hampered for the rest of the battle.

Likewise, you can get your turret hit or your cannon, and they will eventually get auto-fixed, but you will be in bad shape for the rest of the battle.

Once you are knocked out, you can not respawn in the battle. You have 2 options. You can follow the battle from a POV of another tank, or you can quit the battle (you WILL still get XP/credits if you do that, no penalty for that at all), and while your tank will lie destroyed in the ongoing battle, you can get into another battle with a different tank.

You start out the game with 3 light tanks, 1 american, 1 german and 1 russian.

Teams are comprised of all 3 countrys' tanks, so it is not like US vs Germany of something like that. There are 10 tiers of tanks. The battles are usually set up in such a way that you will not have to face tier 5 tanks in your lowly tier 1 tractor with a peashooter. However, starting around tier 4, you can be placed in a battle 2 and maybe even 3 tiers above you.

On my T-34, which is tier 5, I've faced tiers 3 to tier 7.

You can develop in 4 different trees for every country.

TDs - tank destroyers.
SPG - self-propelled guns
Medium tanks
Heavy tanks

There are flowcharts that describe which tanks in the earlier tiers you have to research and use in order to get to each of those types of vehicles.
You also research different types of guns/turrets/tracks/engines for the tanks you are currently playing. This can all be found while you are in the garage in-between battles. The queues are anywhere from 3-5 seconds for the mid-high tier to 30-40 seconds for the low tiers battles.

Any more questions - lemme know.

I am having a blast.... umm, yeah... pun intended.

Edit: Forgot to mention. The learning curve is relatively steep and you will initially get destroyed before you can do much. Do not get discouraged, it will get better.

Just so you know. Single parallelogram on top of a tank = light tank. 2 diagonal lines = medium, 3 heavy. Square - SPG. Triangle - TD.

Messages In This Thread
World of Tanks - by Ashock - 03-07-2011, 07:17 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by kandrathe - 03-07-2011, 07:22 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Ashock - 03-07-2011, 09:30 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Roland - 04-30-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Ashock - 05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Roland - 05-02-2011, 10:05 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Crusader - 05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Ashock - 05-09-2011, 04:36 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Crusader - 05-09-2011, 05:30 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Ashock - 05-09-2011, 06:02 PM
RE: World of Tanks - by Roland - 07-28-2011, 01:14 AM