Widow Testifies at a Military Court
(11-22-2010, 01:12 PM)Zenda Wrote:
(11-22-2010, 03:03 AM)kandrathe Wrote: What I said is that "might makes right". If we were a defenseless Caribbean nation facing the might of Europe, or the US, then we'd capitulate making unholy deals for survival too giving up much of our liberties in exchange for peace.

Afghanistan deserves this because they didn't capitulate to a stronger USA? I'm not even sure the Taliban is the weaker party here, seeing how they are winning.
Deserve? No one deserves war, except the foolish leaders who bring it about. War comes when rational discourse ends.

Actually, they did bring it upon themselves. Let's say someone blew up my house, and they happen to have been known to be living at the house you are occupying (as we don't actually recognize you as the rightful owner). I go and get 49 of my well armed police friends and I go to your house and tell you, "give up the bomber, or we'll assume you are a co-conspirator." You refuse, and we resort to using force to go in and get you and rip up the house looking for him. It doesn't help that he's hiding in the basement of the house next door, who happens to be pretending to be one of our well armed police friends.

Before the declaration of war on Afghanistan, on the 21st of September, the US gave the Taliban an ultimatum; Hand over OBL and his co-conspirators or we will assume you are in league with them and you will share their fate. What was their response? They described OBL's the attack on America as just according to the Koran since the US had engaged in warfare on Islamic soil. They called for an independent Islamic and UN inquiry to "prevent unjustified harassment of innocent people." In that case the "innocent people" meant the Taliban's guests (Al Queda).

If by winning, you mean people still get murdered, they can set up ambushes on trucking, or sneak close enough to US bases to lob Molotov's. The tide has changed in the past few months with the increased manpower. What is missing is a legitimate Afghan leadership plan acceptable to the majority of Afghans. If we pulled out now, the existing government would crumble.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Widow Testifies at a Military Court - by ShadowHM - 10-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Slight correction - by --Pete - 11-21-2010, 10:25 PM
RE: Slight correction - by kandrathe - 11-22-2010, 12:51 AM
RE: Slight correction - by Jester - 11-22-2010, 12:58 AM
RE: Slight correction - by kandrathe - 11-22-2010, 02:51 AM
RE: Widow Testifies at a Military Court - by kandrathe - 11-22-2010, 03:23 PM
RE: Post Merging - by ZatarRufus - 11-26-2010, 03:19 PM
RE: Post Merging - by Zenda - 11-27-2010, 12:06 AM
RE: Widow Testifies at a Military Court - by Taem - 11-20-2010, 05:15 AM
RE: Widow Testifies at a Military Court - by Taem - 11-24-2010, 01:56 AM