Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion
Some Spoilers ahead, you've been warned.

I might have read this the back of some magazine somewhere that I now forgot. ;)

>I agree, except that the T-X (I refuse to type "Terminatirx"... oops) seemed almost like a step back from the T-1000. It had a humanoid skeleton, and could only alter its appearance. It couldn't pull any of the "impersonate a floor" or "chop people up with blades" tricks the T-1000 could. I suppose a set skeleton would be necessary to house on-board weaponry, but it seems like a less sturdy design than a mass of liquid metal.

Or it might have been James Cameron commenting on T2. If the T-100 series (Ah-Nould) is a tank, then the T 1000 (Robert Patrick) is a Porsche. Going on that reasoning, the T-X looks and acts to me like a tank if it was designed by Porsche. (Granted Cameron has nothing to do with T-3 iirc.)

Overall I quite enjoyed it, the ending provided a nice loop to the first movie. Though now I'm intrigued by the T-100 killing J. Connor. What is that about? That obviously ties in with his wife sending in this version.

And Arnold as this third incarnation is pretty well done. A nicely played blend between the cold machine of the first, and the almost human one of the second. His line of "I'm obsolete" was great.

To Occhi:
>Enough tech speak, twas a fun film. Oh, and IMO, using a Sikorsky (S-61) Sea King to dive into a tunnel and catch a robot is a horrible abuse of a perfectly good helicopter. On the other hand, I suppose one must use what is available to complete a mission.

To me that was a great visual metaphor for the T-101. Especially with his "obsolete" line. T-X came in a sleek Bell (I might be wrong here), while Ahnold crashes the party with a big lumbering flying iron ox. Nothing sums that up better than a Sikorsky. ;) (I didn't know the exact model until you mentioned it, but from the brief shot it had an unmistakeable Sikorsky profile\looks.)

Messages In This Thread
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion - by Guest - 07-08-2003, 12:17 AM
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines Discussion - by Hammerskjold - 07-08-2003, 01:24 AM