What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
(07-24-2010, 11:29 PM)Jester Wrote: Beck pumped it on his radio show earlier that morning. You can quibble about whether that's "Fox" or not, but it's certainly Glenn Beck, and he's sure not ignoring it. By later in the day, it had become clear to everyone that this was a land mine, so Beck took the tack of using it to attack the administration, rather than Sherrod. But that certainly wasn't his initial reaction, which was to talk about how some people just seem to want revenge, and how we're going back to 1956, only roles reversed.
I would quibble a little. Beck reacted to what was in the news cycle already on all the networks. I didn't know he did a little cover of it on the radio in the morning. By the evening of the same day, he'd reversed his view.
Quote:Hannity went over it at least twice, once with Newt Gingrich (who said she absolutely should have been fired) and once on his Great American Panel.
Yes, he did. Hannity did devote some time to it. He then apologized for it.
Quote:O'Reilly didn't just mention it in passing once. At the very least, there's a Talking Points Memo clip where he references *himself* talking about it the day before - demanding that she resign, complaining that the Networks aren't covering it, etc...
Yes, that is the only place he talked about it, in his memo piece, and in his memo piece from the day before. He also apologized.
Quote:Fox and Friends'
They are idiots and they may or may not have talked about it. I have a hard time distinguishing what they say from flatus.

My point is... FOX is as guilty as MSNBC, or CNN, or ABC, or NBC, or CBS... They all covered it as a leading story, when in fact it was probably an intentionally cynical jab by Breitbart, using this out of context type attack, and everyone fell for it. Maybe Fox is a little more guilty, since they were the ones going "AHA!, Gotcha!". They were also the ones eating crow, and apologizing for their error.

Let me repeat again, from above...

We need to have an open dialog on race, one which isn't divisive. For the NAACP to label the Tea Party as racist, and then to link it to Duke, and Black is in my view a reprehensibly partisan attack meant to divide. And, in my albeit cynical opinion, I believe it is an intentionally political move meant to polarize the electorate for the upcoming election.
(07-24-2010, 11:38 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Every single day program on fox that day spent at least a quarter of their hourly program deriding Shirley Sherrod as being a racist. You know, all those programs that are supposed to be the "News" portion of Fox, not just the opinionators.
You've got a stronger stomach than I do. I avoid all of them, and try to get my news from a selection of objective online sources that take time to ruminate a bit.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking! - by kandrathe - 07-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Spoonerisms - by Vandiablo - 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM