What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
(07-24-2010, 08:08 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote:
(07-24-2010, 06:08 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Which is why the rabid left and their press lap dogs are race baiting. Look at the angry, mostly white crowd... They must be racists!
The left race baiting? Seriously? I love how your logic conveniently omits the fact that this whole topic is based on a specific example of race baiting from ideologues on the right. Which is the whole tactic. They create an issue entirely inundated with racial vitriol and then when called out on it turn around and villify the other side for bringing race into it.
Yes, seriously. When you say, "They create an issue entirely inundated with racial vitriol", you must be talking about the NAACP's censure of the Tea Partiers linking them with the Klan, and Stormfront. You know, I agree they need to work hard to keep the loons away, but the tactics of the left wing pundits, the NAACP, and the Democrats are attacking, and attempting to destroy the movement. Breitbart is slime, and I'm just surprised everyone followed the slime. Look, I'm trying to stand back here, and get out of the tit for tat. He said, then they said, then she said, crap. Can we just condemn the tactic of calling people racists? Can we condemn racism, and let the buffoon's and their ignorant signs condemn themselves? Ms. Sherrod admitted to changing she views over time, and we admire her for it. Former Sen. Bryd gets a pass after spending over a decade actively in the Klan, then he spent until he was in his 50's fighting against race equality in the Senate. Then, yes, by the time he was in his late 50's and early 60's he finally got on board with the whole equality thing.

We need to have an open dialog on race, one which isn't divisive. For the NAACP to label the Tea Party as racist, and then to link it to Duke, and Black is in my view a reprehensibly partisan attack meant to divide. And, in my albeit cynical opinion, I believe it is an intentionally political move meant to polarize the electorate for the upcoming election.

Quote:Fox News spent a whole day degrading Shirley Sherrod for being a racist and then when the facts came out (the facts which were easily available and that they never even tried to assertain) they had the nerve to turn around and spend the next day assailing the Obama administration for acting hastely and without the facts. Nice Try.
Who did? Your data is flawed here. According to the facts, Hannity had one 5 minute segment on it, Orielly briefly mentioned it in a overview. Beck, ignored it, and once he had all the information, took her side and supported her re-instatement. I know you hate Fox, maybe more than I do, but I'm hatin' on them all, equally.

MSNBC defends their Race Baiting...
CNN asked to stop following Fox's lead on the New Black Panthers...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking! - by kandrathe - 07-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Spoonerisms - by Vandiablo - 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM