[split] Stormrage Lurker Guild Discussion - Formerly known as Cat Beta
(07-24-2010, 12:19 AM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

Quote:Now on to the purpose of this thread. I moved the posts out because I was tired of the incessant sniping from Lavcat about a decision I made in 2005. Two thousand and five. For those of you keeping score at home that was five years ago. And, frankly, I'm tired of it.

"Exactly what a Lurkers guild should not be like, in my opinion. But I know my view has long been in the minority."

That is a snipe? And a snipe about your decision? Looks like a simple statement of opinion. An opinion that I think I share -- we should recruit for good people, not good players. A good person, willing to try, can become an adequate player. A great player, if he's a disruptive person, is going to be a pain forever.

Crusader's context is missing from the thread. Crus was complaining about the use of gearscore and the lack of organized selection process by guilds in regards to recruiting for raiding. I gave my opinion on how I would handle it had the Lurkers ever recruited for raiding

It's sad really because I happen to agree with Lav - if I were recruiting just to fill the ranks of the Lurkers on Stormrage then those wouldn't be the criteria I would use. But as I had already said in that thread and repeatedly - the Lurkers on Stormrage don't recruit. We've added people based solely on the fact that they're good people. And we do ask them to make an account here so I can give them access to the Stormrage boards.

(07-24-2010, 12:19 AM)--Pete Wrote:
Quote:I AM opposed to having snide remarks made about my ability to lead the Lurkers on Stormrage. It's disrespectful to me and the Lurkers who voted for me to take on the reins.

As am I. If I ever see such a post, you can bet I'll set my flamethrower to vaporize. But in this case, I think you've overreacted to a relatively benign post because of your history with the poster. I understand. I've done it, all too often. But, please, take a step back and think about it. Had I made that comment (and I could very well have made it), what would your reaction have been. I've never disrespected you, I've never questioned your leadership, I've always had the highest admiration for how you herd these cats. Would you still have taken offense, split it off, and made a big deal about it if I'd been the poster?

It wasn't the comment that upset me Pete. As you can see from my comments above Lav and I both feel that what I said wasn't the way to recruit for the Lurkers as they are now. What upset me was that over the course of five years Lav has popped up to give me grief about the way I lead on Stormrage. Despite not having a character in Lurkers in the intervening years. She has no experience in how I lead. She's not there.

If you were in the same position as Lav, no character in the guild and had taken potshots at my leadership over the course of five years I might have gotten upset at you too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Stormrage Lurker Guild Discussion - Formerly known as Cat Beta - by Tal - 07-24-2010, 12:01 PM