What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
(07-21-2010, 10:20 PM)kandrathe Wrote: The non-progressives.

I seem to recall accusing you of abusing that word to the point of meaninglessness - I suppose I can't be terribly surprised that this has not changed.

Quote:When Karl Rove joins the Tea Party movement, you'll have convinced me.

Karl Rove is so last administration. How about Michael Steel? Or Sarah Palin? Or Newt Gingrich? Dick Armey? They've all expressed their support for the Tea Party, shown up at rallies, etc... These are not small players. These are the public faces of the Republican party, the movers and shakers: the head of the RNC, the former house majority leader, the last VP candidate.

Do you really need Karl Rove specifically to see the glaringly obvious?

Quote:The movement has its share of problems, like national coordination, and trying to remain separated from covert Republicans.

Covert Republicans? How about *overt* Republicans? Look at any of the polls. The overwhelming majority of both participants and support are from the Republican party. A handful are either independent-lean-Republican, which are basically Republicans, or too-right-for-the-Republicans fringe lunatics. Almost none are from any other political orientation.

Quote:How many small government democrats are there?

That fits fine with my point. The party obsessed with "small government," or at least the party that uses it as a constant catchphrase, is the Republican party. Out of whom is a small-government protest faction likely to be comprised? You guessed it... Republicans!

Quote:Generally, Tea parties don't endorse...

"Generally," Tea Party movements, both national and local, have been endorsing rightist candidates across the country, primarying moderate Republican incumbents and trying to win seats for the movement. This would be the exact opposite of "generally not endorsing candidates." They've only existed for two years, and already they've endorsed dozens of candidates for everything from dogcatcher to senator.

Quote:There is a grave danger from being consumed by the Republican brand, but that is not what it is about.

Om nom nom. Eated already. I can haz moar?

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
Spoonerisms - by Vandiablo - 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM