What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
(07-21-2010, 09:48 PM)Jester Wrote: Used to be an inchoate mass of discontent from the right wing of the Republican party, plus the original protester core of fringe lunatics, survivalists, Larouchies, the tattered remains of the Ron Paul Revolution, and so on.
The non-progressives.
Quote:Now it's just a media brand for the Republicans.
When Karl Rove joins the Tea Party movement, you'll have convinced me. The movement has its share of problems, like national coordination, and trying to remain separated from covert Republicans.
Quote:
Quote:They seek to hold their candidates, Republican or Democrat more accountable to serving the interests of the people, and not special interests.
I count exactly one Democratic candidate ever endorsed by the tea party, Walt Minnick. And he rejected it. All the rest are Republicans, and not generally moderate ones either.
How many small government democrats are there?
Quote:
Quote:I've heard it said that the Tea Party doesn't endorse candidates, but rather the candidate needs to choose to endorse the principles of the Tea party. It's the Democrats and the Republicans that use division and discord as political weapons.
Google "tea party endorses" and read them off for yourself. (Rather comically, including an article about how the tea party endorses no candidates...)
I think I said earlier, the movement will figure out a way to differentiate itself, or like many counter culture movements be consumed by posers. Generally, Tea parties don't endorse... But, yes, you are correct that some have... It's a monster with a thousand heads, with little leadership, and no national organization. There is a grave danger from being consumed by the Republican brand, but that is not what it is about.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Spoonerisms - by Vandiablo - 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM