What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
Hi,

(07-21-2010, 06:03 PM)kandrathe Wrote: But... we are comparing a Vice Presidential candidate against another Vice Presidential candidate. If she is disqualified due to her poor scholastic performance, then what about him?

No, we are not. We are discussing Sarah Palin's competency. It was you who brought up the 'Johnny did it too" argument. While it may be true, it doesn't mitigate the fact. If you want to discuss Biden's shortcomings, I'll probably add to your list. But, whatever his shortcomings, they don't effect Palin's.

Quote:Yeah? What's your point here? I disagree with a lot of the unreasonable stuff too, but there are some things there that are reasonable.

The point is that you offered that link in her support. I went to that link. Yes, she's not totally outrageous on everything. I posted the things I think she's wrong on. As I said, the thing speaks for itself.

Quote:You know... I didn't vote for her either... I don't expect to turn you into a Palin supporter, just maybe you could drop some of the hatred and vitriol.

What hatred and vitriol? I don't hate her any more than I hate Forest Gump, but I wouldn't vote for him either. And calling a person who has shown herself to be poorly informed 'ignorant' is hardly vitriol. Nor is calling a person 'stupid' when she consistently tries and fails to appear more than she is. I do not attack her personality, nor her beliefs, nor her person or personal life.

Quote:Her positions resonate with a large portion of the electorate, but they are not the same as yours. She didn't win, and now she's just another book writing talking head, like Laura Ingraham or Rachel Maddow.

And even if that were all she was, she would still be a public figure, subject to public opinion. However, she's more than that. She's an established politician. She got more national and world wide coverage in most weeks of late '08 than Ingraham and Maddow combined have gotten in their lives. With the proper tutoring, the proper PR, the proper strategy, she could well be a contender for a congressional seat. And, eventually, make a run at the presidency.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking! - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Spoonerisms - by Vandiablo - 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM