What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
(07-21-2010, 05:31 PM)--Pete Wrote: Cheap argument, bordering on ad hominem, and insulting on this forum. Neither Jester nor I, I think, fit the male chauvinist pig model. I supported Clinton over Obama and have called more than one male an idiot, including Shrub and Nader. I base my opinion on brains, not plumbing.
I'm explaining my rationale, my predilections and sensitivities, and not criticizing yours. I have no evidence to doubt your opinion's basis. I'm not a chauvinist either, and I try to prove that by relying on the irrefutable details rather than generalities. Btw, Clinton would have been at least twice the President this one is, and had far more executive experience.
Quote:Irrelevant. However many people might be ignorant or stupid does not matter in the question of whether she's ignorant and stupid. Are there other politicians who are ignorant? Yes. Are there others who are stupid? Yes. Does that make her any more ignorant or stupid? Not in my brand of logic.
But... we are comparing a Vice Presidential candidate against another Vice Presidential candidate. If she is disqualified due to her poor scholastic performance, then what about him? If she is disqualified because she says stupid things, then what about him? There appears to be a double standard.
Quote:"During a debate for governor of Alaska in 2006, Palin said she was a proponent of teaching both creationism and evolution in the Alaska public schools.

Yeah? What's your point here? I disagree with a lot of the unreasonable stuff too, but there are some things there that are reasonable. You know... I didn't vote for her either... I don't expect to turn you into a Palin supporter, just maybe you could drop some of the hatred and vitriol. Her positions resonate with a large portion of the electorate, but they are not the same as yours. She didn't win, and now she's just another book writing talking head, like Laura Ingraham or Rachel Maddow. If she again tosses her hat in the ring, say to run for President... then, I would, as I'm sure you would, be against it. Not because she's stupid, but because she's not liberal (in the old sense of the word) enough.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking! - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Spoonerisms - by Vandiablo - 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM