What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
(07-21-2010, 04:13 AM)Vandiablo Wrote: Hmm, too many syllables?? Make it simpler: because the tea party fanners are lying. FTS. Learn to read and think for yourselves, read both or all sides for everything and figure out who's lying (the usual case) or who has a better argument (rare these days).
How can you attribute this to the any Tea Party? It was outed by Breitbart on BigGovernment.com, I believe. Which, as far as I know, is a conservative 'Reagan Republican' blogger. He is as bad as Micheal Moore, and one of the worst in the cesspool of media distortion, and I would put him in the same category of propagandist. In reading his bio, it is not a surprise to me that he helped put together "The Huffingtion Post" as well. Then, I think Hannity had it on his show (another Reagan Republican). Currently, the Republican party is attempting to assimilate the "tea party", since their entire platform is anti-progressive (power to the people, small government, lower taxes). Bush Jr. (and even Reagan) represented a version of progressive Republican, which is what most of the Tea party (many of which are former Republicans) find distasteful. So, yes, you have people like Hannity, Breitbart, etc. who may speak at rallies, or defend the Tea Party movement, but it is doubtful that they (or FOX) represent the goals of the Tea Party. Of all the FOC talking heads, Beck probably (through the 912 project) inspired the Tea Party movement. 912 is essentially a mechanism for people with similar conservative interests to meet up at a local grass roots level. I've been meaning to make it to one of these meetings some day.
Quote:There are millions of hypocrites who denounced (and rightly so) a former president for lying under oath, claiming to worship at the altar of Truth, and yet accept all the BS cooked up by Beck and his ilk.
I actually happened to watch Beck last night to see how he would cover this. Guess what, he came down on Ms. Sherrod's side. I know, it's a mixed up world when Glenn Beck is the voice of reason. He's was questioning why everyone (NAACP, Whitehouse) was so quick to act without gathering all the facts, again. He called for her to be re-instated. In fact, he suggested that her position is consistent with most of the Administration (in viewing the issues as ones of class, or haves, vs have nots), and that she'd be an excellent choice for some higher level position in the administration.
Jester Wrote:Alright, I can't keep up. It's ridiculous. The *entire message* of the speech is that the divisions between the races are artificial - that everyone needs to work together to help the poor, to make society a better place. She says this, over and over and over.

Breitbart should be ashamed - if he is capable of shame, something I've long since ceased to believe.
Yes, and whomever dishonestly edited the film, and then also him and anyone else for spreading the lie. This is the deceit practiced by Micheal Moore (and others) which makes me insane.
Quote:To paint the lily: They even have the friggin' farmer himself - far from being aggrieved, he rushes to her defense, saying that she saved his farm, treated him as a friend, no hint of racism...

All this, and it's still a win for Breitbart. He gets what he wants. She got fired. It's embarrassing for the administration. The news cycle about the Tea Party having to deal with its internal racism gets derailed. Now it's about the other guys. The truth of the matter is irrelevant; the noise machine has done its job.
Personally, I agree that she should not have resigned for her confession, taken out of context, of her racial epiphany 24 years ago. But, I'm interested in the story on how she was selected for a policy making role in the agency she sued, and won a billion dollar lawsuit against, and that she's was, until yesterday, working for the very same guy whom she filed the lawsuit against. She seems overtly qualified for her role at USDA. If there is nothing henky in her hiring, then I definitely think everyone owes her an apology, and Obama and Biden should have her over to the Whitehouse for a beer.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Spoonerisms - by Vandiablo - 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM