What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking!
For the interested: the full video has now surfaced. You may judge for yourself - I'm watching it now.

Thoughts: Quite the story. Very different times she grew up in.

I just got to the part where Breitbart's video starts. Immediately preceding the comments shown in the video, she says this, referring to the night that she made the decision to stay in the South after her Father's unpunished murder, to try and change things for the better.

"When I made that commitment, I made that commitment to black people only. But, you know, God will show you things, and he will put things in your path, so that you realize that the struggle is really about poor people."

My hats off to Breitbart. That is a remarkable selective edit.

Choice quote:

"You know, back in the late 17th and 18th century, there were black indentured servants, and white indentured servants. And they all would work for the seven years, and get their freedom. And they didn't see any difference in each other. Nobody worried about skin colour, they married each other, you know. These were poor whites and poor blacks in the same boat."

Wow, I'm glad this woman was fired. Obviously a racist terror. Confused

Another:

"What we have to do is get that [racism] out of our heads: there is no difference between us."

Alright, I can't keep up. It's ridiculous. The *entire message* of the speech is that the divisions between the races are artificial - that everyone needs to work together to help the poor, to make society a better place. She says this, over and over and over.

Breitbart should be ashamed - if he is capable of shame, something I've long since ceased to believe.

-Jester

To paint the lily: They even have the friggin' farmer himself - far from being aggrieved, he rushes to her defense, saying that she saved his farm, treated him as a friend, no hint of racism...

All this, and it's still a win for Breitbart. He gets what he wants. She got fired. It's embarrassing for the administration. The news cycle about the Tea Party having to deal with its internal racism gets derailed. Now it's about the other guys. The truth of the matter is irrelevant; the noise machine has done its job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What? No mainstream media covering this? Shocking! - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Spoonerisms - by Vandiablo - 07-21-2010, 04:13 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by --Pete - 07-21-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Chesspiece_face - 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Spoonerisms - by kandrathe - 07-22-2010, 12:23 AM
RE: Spoonerisms - by Jester - 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM